Friday, November 7, 2014

He Restores...

You have to excuse me dear reader for I have a tendency to repeat but some things are beyond time and therefore will never get old, used or repeated enough...
A few years ago I have painted a very beautiful ceramic vase (it fits perfectly here to mention that a monkey in the eyes of its mother is a deer) , it was in the shape of a lady wearing a dress and I chose green... because it is one wonderful colour. I felt very achieved for it truly was nicely done... But beware oh me! God humbles the proud, He does! A week or so after that my colleague came over to ask a question and... Oh the pity, oh the massacre... She hit the vase and it fell to a million piece (why do we say a million piece, I have not even counted but I think if I did, it would have probably been an odd number, something close to 573447 pieces...). But! I did not despair! I went again the ceramic shop and did another, vase, not dress-like but yes green indeed... It was even more professional than the first one with such a finesse... that I forgot the humility lesson! So yeah (you guessed that right), God intervened again through my dad (Papito I love you)... Papa did not even let it live for a day... broken beyond repair! 
That hurt. That really hurt... and for quite some time I felt life was a bit like this. My life that is. A vase, and each time I feel it is being crafted beyond perfection, it breaks, it falls, it just becomes a mess, my perfect dream crumbles... Until the day I gave up dreaming of my own and started to pray to dream of Heaven... And something right then happened... The fullness of Life swept me away... God is faithful even when we are not. He does not despair (if I didn't! would He!!). He gathered the dust I became and breathed His Spirit again in it and made again a jar out of my million scatter piece...
He surpasses our expectations... He does not just fix the vase... He paints it with meticulous details. He looks for ever wound and heals it. Every thing that meant to us in that old vase is replaced with a better meaning, with a prefect definition... He reconstructs our memories, our dreams, our vision...And He cares. He cares for us, He cares for me more than the lilies! And once I was lost but now I am found! I have been dignified, I have been crowned, I have been Graced with a grâce upon grace!

3 comments: