Friday, April 24, 2015

Everlasting Splendours

Warning: One of the "pouring out my heart" posts. I firmly believe I am a cow or some sort of ruminating animal!! Repetition is my speciality! 

I have been overwhelmed lately (when am I not?). I have known beauty. My breath have been taken away on many many occasions (I think it is happening a lot, to a point that I might die from asphyxia soon!). I have learned to expect wonderful things to happen. It might be childish hope but how can it be not so and we are only getting closer to heaven and not further! Sailing home to Him and it won't be long... By the light of the Sun I will press on... Carried by true hope and as Shakespeare would put it, "True hope is swift, and flies with swallow’s wings".  It is a beautiful thing the passing of time and it carries beautiful surprises!

Oh my heart still burns from the Love that I have found in people! 
At a dinner (even a totally random eclectic one!), at a brunch, over a cup of lemonade or iced coffee, sharing a book, sharing my brightest ideas (probably the silliest, scariest ideas ever put in words!), walking together, or just sitting looking at the world....

I have found whom my soul loves and I have invited you into my heart, into my life, into my mind (sorry for that! poor you!!)... 
I have found you in old friendships; for you I am forever grateful! You have been my clutch, my anchor, my joy, my pride and your generosity have put mine to shame! You are in every memory of beauty I have known!
I have found you in new friendships; for you I bow my knees before God every night and pray for you and ask Him, what have I done to deserve to get to know people as holy as you! Living saints from whom I learned in such a small time, what my stiff neck have been refusing to learn for a long time. I know it in the deepest place of my heart that you are to stay in my life, in an way or another. You are too precious to lose!

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8

And who is more true, more honourable, more just, more pure, more lovely, more commendable, more excellent, more worthy of praise than Christ Jesus ! To think of Him at every moment!
And who is more true, more honourable, more just, more pure, more lovely, more commendable, more excellent, more worthy of praise than you my dear friends, created at His image, loved (oh so very loved), cherished, saved... by God himself!! A beautiful mystery! You are Everlasting Splendours as would C.S. Lewis put it!

♥ I think of you all the time. I am a happy person ♥

4 comments: