Monday, June 17, 2013

Choose Life

Today I had life on my mind. I really love life. I have tasted and seen what is life to the fullest with Jesus Christ. But there are days when I wonder what is taking God so long to make His kingdom come already. Today was one of those days. As I was walking home I remembered the well known verse that they use in many antiabortion campaigns where God tells the people of Israel that He placed before them a choice between life and death, curse and blessing and He explicitly asks them to choose life. It is kind of obvious, God, I mean who would want to choose curse and death... And I was thinking about all these debates that go on in trying to decorticate this word, with, against, when, what stage... and all that hassle... but my mind kept getting back to me... oh you self-centered brain! Today, this very day choose life... Right, okay... Not that I am going to abort... I am not close to get even married... Sure I will choose life when it comes to that! And again an urge to choose life today, now, overwhelms me... Choose in your day, this very day life... Choose it over despair, choose it over hopelessness, choose it over gloom, over anything in your life that does not give life... Choose it over the desert of your heart, choose it over your dry soul... Choose life today. One strong, loud message that kept me struck... I arrive home and I want to know more... Why are you giving me this obvious choice Lord? What is it that you put before us to choose from? A life with Me, a life in full relationship with Me... A life that orbits around Me... With all your heart, with all your soul... A life of worshipping me, singing to me, reading me, listening to me... A life all about Me!  And I will restore... I, your Lord, will bring you back from far away, I will breath into you again and again my Spirit, I will give you life, life to the fullest! Today choose life, today choose ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment