Thursday, June 16, 2011

By the River...

Sometimes it seems to me that I am living on the edges of life and I feel many things are passing by me. But today I thought that it might be different, it might be that I am living at the edges of death at the other side of that river but sometimes my feet slip in it and it might give me a sense of belonging to it and it might carry me, but fortunately I have people around me poking me asking me what I am doing down there and showing me His hands stretched to take me again to the shore.


This reminded me a well of the Psalm 137: 1-6 (ESV)

How Shall We Sing the Lord’s Song?

1 By the waters of Babylon,
there we sat down and wept,
when we remembered Zion.
2 On the willows there
we hung up our lyres.
3 For there our captors
required of us songs,
and our tormentors, mirth, saying,
“Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”
4 How shall we sing the Lord’s song
in a foreign land?
5 If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget its skill!
6 Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth,
if I do not remember you,
if I do not set Jerusalem
above my highest joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment