Monday, January 17, 2011


I want to remind myself about it...
It is like like when you hold your breath for so long and then let it go...
It is not a feeling... It is like when you want to say something but you keep thinking of the rights words but they won't come, or like an image so so clear in your head that it almost looks like nothing?!
It is more like a knowledge but a knowledge you are not sure you know it enough or understand it well...

But I'll try to shape it a bit... 


The thunder and flower and oceans and rivers...

A merciful hand over us. Transforming
Hurtful falls and deep wounds...  a Spirit consoling repairing, renewing !
Tears 
Smiles
The eyes of people and stories behind them...
Beauty... beautiful beauty!
Love on a cross... Of Christ!

An inexplicable joy and unexpected peace...
Miracles that happen every second or fraction of second...


Insanity... of radical choices... of martyrdom... made possible because of Him and for Him...

Gracefully aging!

Failures! Of a second and third and fourth try
Undying Hope, of a Resurrected King


A song you can't stop singing, 

Something that resembles a lifetime of wondering!


It is hard when souls try to speak... Saint Augustine describes is so eloquently:

Beauty so ancient and so new
Late have I loved you, Beauty so ancient and so new,
late have I loved you!
Lo, you were within,
but I outside, seeking there for you,
and upon the shapely things you have made I rushed headlong,
I, misshapen.
You were with me, but I was not with you.
They held me back far from you,
those things which would have no being
were they not in you.
You called, shouted, broke through my deafness;
you flared, blazed, banished my blindness;
you lavished your fragrance, I gasped, and now I pant for you;
I tasted you, and I hunger and thirst;
you touched me, and I burned for your peace.

Augustine, Confessions X.27.38






No comments:

Post a Comment