Sunday, May 3, 2020

Giver of life

Do you remember the story of the valley of bones? When the prophet of old prophesied upon them so flesh and skin grew around it? When with a simple sentence they came unto life, myriads upon myriads of dead coming to life?
Do you remember the story of that pile of mud formless that it was was made human with one breath?
Do you remember the stories of the millions of nothingness making millions of sense and bringing forth endless stories of love and hate?  of hope and despair? of beauty and disdain? of life and death?
Do you remember your utter shame when you  danced as free as the wind but saw all these eyes upon you?
Do you sit there looking upon that empty ceiling wondering why did we not think painting it sky, moon and stars for ourselves but did it for kids? Why we have grown old to contemplate the sun and ponder about the colour of wine only to sip it a gulp at a time?
Within me that hallow of a heart I gripped! Among hazy images of daises white and yellow I found me dancing. Slightly touching the fresh green grass with the tips of fingers I felt it. I was flying. As I was plunging into the blue sky, treading rather lightly the path of sanity  Shadows threatening... drinking songs rising... With the crow and raven I danced... with the myth and mysteries I flattered... I rubbed myself so close to emptiness that I was filled to the brim with the delights of endless echoes. Between the silences of the songs of my soul I heard it calling.  Between the drums, the rising rhythm of the tribes gathering around the fires, pieces of my scattered thoughts started to take shape... Between the cracks of the trees emerged the leaf. I laid there feeling blood running through my veins. My dry bones ached. Flesh was forming and it was not pleasant. Do you remember the story of the valley of bones? When the prophet of old prophesied upon them so flesh and skin grew around it? When with a simple sentence they came unto life, myriads upon myriads of dead coming to life? He breathed and it came to be? A rush of emotions ran through me at once... all the shame, all the tears, all my fears, all my anxious being... that stinking death that was about me... fell as a final curtain falls. You know it is done. It was done with me. Life took me as her prisoner. The giver of life was silenced once and for all for me. Death took hold of me an instant but Life set me free forever.
I may dwell aimlessly but I have  found me an eternal home where the ceiling is painted of all the stars of eternity and the flowers of the world... where the sun never sets and the fires never burn... where I dance shamelessly before every gazing eye... For the Giver of Life breathed unto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment