Monday, May 16, 2016

Promenade in Green


When I go by Baltimore,
Leave no carpet on the floor.
Come along and follow me.
We'll go down to Galilee. 

Green, green rocky road
Promenade in green
Tell me who ya love,
Tell me who ya love.

No deep thought will follow but very happy happenings will!
I had this song playing in the car (Green, Green Rocky Road) when I saw a woman really wearing green top to bottom passing by! I was very delighted! I was smiling so big that the cars around me thought I was crazy (rightfully so!). 
I could not stop thinking about how little coincidences can leave one so genuinely pleased till another one happened! and it was green too: The two lovely people I work with were absent today (not a very lovely thing) and work was rather busy, especially for someone who does not multitask like me! I wanted to join the rest for the coffee break but I ended up staying inside dreaming about a good cup of iced coffee (it was very hot today!) when suddenly I see a beautiful lady passing by my window holding in her hand a sweaty and wonderful green logo-ed Starbucks cup! I immediately started plotting how if she gets in I will make her forget it on my desk and I start monologue-ing out my amazing speech that will make her forget the world... no! I sort of guessed that it was one of the doing of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost Monday! And indeed it was for me! Her mindfulness was so touching! A gift in need is a gift indeed (or something like that...)!  I wanted to thank her deeply but I ended up telling her a story! And she was such a gracious listener that I felt that I needed to thank her for that too - I thought oh dear me! I am getting into a thankful spiral- a beautiful thing to fall into! 
All these green happening made me joyful! After all we are in May! In Spring!
 The season to be "twitterpated"!!

1 comment:

  1. +JMJ+

    When one of my cousins came to visit Manila, which I modestly like to describe as one of the ugliest cities in the world =P . . . she said that she loved looking for patches of green in the concrete all around us--whether it was an old tree that had thankfully been spared by new developers or the lush lawn of a small golf course. I think your colleague's gesture was a patch of green in what would otherwise have been a very grey day for you. =)

    ReplyDelete